Do You Need a Detox? Signs from Your Body Part IISaturday, September 27, 2014 18:12
The main symptoms that signal you may need a detox are headaches and fatigue. Check out the list below to see how many of the following signals your body is sending to you. Be sure to check out the “Detox Precautions” at the end of this article, especially if you’re planning on doing some self-directed detox practices. For support from our nutritionist Brittany Sandoval and meditation practitioner Kat Lui, check out our Mind Body Cleanse, available as a group cleanse starting Oct. 5th or individually based, starting whenever you want.
Heartburn, abdominal pain, bloating and gas, difficulty with digestion, intolerance to alcohol, nausea, floating stools, undigested food in stools, constipation, bitter taste in teh mouth, thick coating on the tongue, bad breath, food allergies, body odor, high cholesterol.
acne, blemishes, rosacea, poor skin tone, swelling edema, brown spots on the skin, increased number of visible small red blood vessels, lumps of fat under the skin, psoriasis, brittle nails and dry splitting hair, rashes.
Menstruation and Hormonal
Premenstrual syndrome, especially with heightened emotional sensitivity and swelling of the breasts, reactions to hormone replacement or birth control pills, low thyroid, hot flashes, vaginal dryness, breast lumps, cystitis, interstitial cystitis, blood sugar imbalances, insulin resistance, heart problems.
Neurology and Psychology
Headaches, irritability, insomnia, depression, poor memory, poor concentration, anxiety, memory loss, comprehension problems.
Allergies, food and chemical sensitivities, chronic fatigue, fibromyalgia, joint inflammation, chronic inflammation of any type, arthritis, oster-arthritis, joint pain, rheumatoid arthritis, gout, systemic infections, viruses, recurring colds and flus.
Yellowish complexion, yellow or dull whites of the eyes, dark circles around or under the eyes, protruding lower belly, cellulite accumulation, , being overweight, sinus congestion, stiff muscles and spine.
You are your own best doctor. Which also means you are the one that needs to make that choice about when to see a professional.
- Auto-immune dysfunction, cancer, chronic fatigue and degenerative diseases need to be personally supervised by a qualified practitioner.
- Do not detox during a fever.
- If chelating minerals, avoid supplemental minerals 3 days before detox procedure and add minerals after the process.
- Never allow constipation during detox process.
- Dark urine, brown, cloudy, or frothy urine indicates the need for more fluids. Increase water intake. If urine continues to be colored or with strong odor, drink diuretic juices and teas until rine becomes clear or light yellow and odorless.
- Coffee enemas are beneficial. Know the correct procedure. Colonics are also beneficial, but limit the usage properly. Not to be overdone! Frail, weak, elderly patients should refrain.
- Check for heavy metals in your system if suspect.
- Detox programs should be supervised for frail, weak or elderly people.
- Excessive die-off of micro-organisms will produce symptoms such as achiness and malaise. Increase Vitamin C intake and/or consider a colonic.
- If the liver is not prepared or if over burdened, symptoms may occur such as headache, fatigue, and dizziness. If they persist or are sever, discontinue and start again in a few weeks.
This information has been adapted from meditation practitioner Kat Lui’s work with acupunturist Dr. Malik Cotter on Maui, HI. If you have questions, or would like to dive into some of these concepts, email email@example.com.