Top 5 Benefits of Holistic Cleansing
Feel good! Reboot and defrag your mind-body-spirit.
Springtime is our favorite time of year to detox and give our bodies extra self-care and love. Embarking on a food-based cleanse is a wonderful way to support our body's natural desire to cleanse from the heavier winter foods.
Whether you're interested in weight loss, gaining vitality, dealing with life changes or changing the way you manage stress, you'll increase your success if you start with a clean slate - a holistic cleanse hits the reset button for your mind-body-spirit health.
The internet has confusing and sometimes contradicting information about what 'holistic cleanse' means. For some, it's about detoxing all the organs. For others, it's about cleansing over a longer period of time. At Root Whole Body, our cleanses focus on using whole foods and plant based eating. Holistic cleansing means working with the mind, body and spirit - using nutrition, meditation, and if your body needs it - acupuncture, naturopathic medicine and chiropractic.
Here are some of our favorite benefits you can achieve from cleansing:
- You feel good! Committing yourself for a period of time to your health and well-being is empowering and motivating. Cleansing is a great way to reboot your system and to instill positive and healthy habits into your daily life.
- You boost your immune system. Over 70% of your immune system lives in your gut. When you clear out unwanted waste, repopulate your good bacteria in the gut, and feed your body with vibrant produce you are giving your immune system a leg up this allergy season!
- More vibrant and clearer skin. Our skin is a wonderful guide to let us know what is happening on the inside of our body. And a poor complexion is often correlated with poor digestion and your gut health.
- Lose unwanted weight. Most nutritionists, dietitians, and health experts can all agree that the key to losing weight is bringing your body back into balance and filling your plate with whole foods and an emphasis on vegetables. Not only can you lose weight through eliminated processed foods and filling your plate with plants, but you will also have the energy to move more!
- Understand cravings and overcoming addictions to food. Cleansing is a great way to shine awareness on some not so healthy eating habits. Some cravings may be consuming your mind and other addictions you don’t even realize may be causing issues. Don’t worry, the cleanse won’t leave you hanging in distress when it comes to cravings. We will help you to understand why you might be craving certain foods and practical tips on how to get through it.