Raw Food Recipes for your Face
Home-made and fresh ingredients are the key to these simple skin treatments
Papaya, Pineapple and Avocado Treatment
Sliver of papaya flesh, seeds removed
Slice of pineapple or wedge of orange
Quarter of a ripe avocado
- Mash the papaya flesh with a fork. Apply to your dry face with your fingers. Allow it to sit for up to 20 minutes. The papaya enzymes will eat away at your dead skin cells. Remove with a washcloth.
- Now rub the pineapple or orange all over your face and leave it on until it starts to tingle - this is your pores being cleansed with a powerful and pure antioxidant elixir. Rinse off with warm water and pat dry.
- Mash up the avocado with a fork. Apply to your face with your fingers and allow it to sit for at least 5 minutes to soak up the healthy oils. Rinse with a washcloth, and pat dry.
Raw Honey Face Mask
4 1/2 teaspoons honey
1 teaspoon apple cider vinegar, lemon juice or lavender 100% essential oil (optional)
- Combine the honey with vinegar, juice or oil (if using).
- Massage the mixture over your whole face, avoiding your eye area.
- Allow to dry and become slightly tacky, and then pat vigorously to get blood flowing to the surface of the skin. Remove with warm water.
Acne Prone Skin Mask
3 teaspoons raw honey
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
Mix honey and cinnamon together and apply to face. Leave on for 20 minutes. The antibacterial properties of both honey and cinnamon are especially beneficial for acne-prone skin. Cinnamon can sometimes be irritating if your skin is really delicate, so you might want to leave on for less time if you have super sensitive skin.
Not sure what you need? Ask one of our expert aestheticians! Click here or call Root at 503-288-7668 to book a consultation. And don't forget, it's not just what you put on your skin, it's what you put in your body. Check out this article about raw foods for your skin from the inside out.