We are proud to introduce our newest physician to the Root Whole Body family, Dr Seth Means!
He is now available for booking and is contracted with many insurance plans as well.
Call to find out if you can apply your coverage to your appointment!
NW Slabtown 503.292.7668 | NE Irvington 503.288.7668
Dr. Seth Means
is a board certified Chiropractic Physician. He graduated from the University of Western States with a Doctorate of Chiropractic as well as a Master of Science in Sports Medicine. During his time in graduate school he presented research nationally on the topics of thoracic biomechanics and pitching implications at the American Chiropractic Association Sports Council and on internal glenohumeral impingement syndrome at the American Chiropractic Association Rehab Council.
Providing the highest quality care is extremely important to Dr. Means as he has accumulated well over 200 continuing education hours over the past few years to deliver the best for his patients. This attention to the latest treatment methods and research allows him to blend manual therapy and rehabilitation techniques to his patient’s needs.
While many consider Chiropractors to be “Spine Specialists,” Seth is also skilled in conservative care for a variety of musculoskeletal complaints such shoulder pain, whiplash, headaches, sports injuries, muscle strains, carpal tunnel, etc. He specializes in chiropractic, sports injuries, car accident care, nerve pain, and disc herniations.
Outside of the clinic, he has provided medical care on and off the field for a variety of athletic events ranging from the PGA Tour to high school football. As a former NJCAA and NCAA Division I baseball player at the University of North Dakota, Dr. Means understands the importance of giving back to athletics and provides support to local athletic teams. In his leisure time he enjoys snowboarding, golf, and hiking.
why see a chiropractor?
Most chiropractors can treat:
- Pregnancy pain and symptoms: achieving and maintaining proper pelvic alignment to lower back pain
- Headaches: even chronic headache-sufferers can find relief through chiropractic muscle manipulation and massage.
- Blood pressure: studies suggest that correcting posture can decrease inflammation and encourage better blood flow.
- Asthma: some forms of asthma are symptomatic of a forward-tilted head, which can add pressure to the lungs.
- Ear infections: upper neck misalignment can cause a host of ear-nose-throat issues.
- Stress: chiropractic care can “reduce oxidative stress in the body,” obliterating free radicals through a neutralization process.
- Hormonal imbalance: spinal nerve interference can disrupt endocrine function.
- Digestive concerns: unaligned vertebrae is a culprit of improper digestion, heartburn, bloating, and other digestive issues
As an overall wellness tool, chiropractic medicine removes blockages and “stagnant” energy, which allows the body’s nerve signals and circulatory system to flow unhindered. Maintenance and consistency is key here – most chiropractors recommend regular visits, and work with you to come up with a treatment plan based on your body’s needs.