a special mother’s day weekend event
Mindful Flowers, a unique form of active meditation, weaves together mindfulness exercises with simple and easy-to-do floral designs inspired by the Japanese art form Ikebana. This creative activity is a way of bringing meditation into everyday life while composing beautiful, contemporary floral arrangements. Mindful Flowers inspires participants to see and experience wonder and beauty. It's a rejuvenating pause in your day.
What you will take away during this event:
- How to slow down and find stillness through creative expression
- Guided meditation exercise & breath technique to cultivate awareness, presence and balance
- Ikebana floral design activity and individual arrangements to take home
- Deeper connection through a shared experience
- An afternoon of tea and time with your mom – to celebrate her on this special weekend
Saturday, May 13th from 2:00pm – 3:30pm in the Root Irvington Studio, NE 15th & Brazee, Portland. 503.282.7668.
Led by Ikebana & Meditation Instructor, Ellen Hansen
“The most precious gift we can offer others is our presence. When mindfulness embraces those we love, they will bloom like flowers,” – Thich Nhat Hanh