Updated Saturday, March 20, 2020
Dearest Root Community,
The current public health crisis has brought urgency to our community’s health and preventative wellness – which is at the heart of Root’s mission.
As with other health care companies, keeping our clinic open on a limited basis, safely, per industry guidelines is the best delivery of our mission during these times – to provide immune support, supplements & herbs, pain relief, guidance and even emotional support for our patients. Our naturopathic, chiropractic and Chinese medicine physicians are available to support you in person or by phone (though we are highly encouraging telemedicine appointments in the near future, and are requiring it for anyone exhibiting any cold and flu-like symptoms or has a compromised immune system.)
That said, our commitment to your health and wellness needs to be considered in viewing the community as a ‘whole’ and effective Saturday, March 21st, we will be temporarily suspending all non-essential wellness services such as massage and skincare that may put you or our staff at risk. Wherever possible, we will be working towards virtual ways to stay connected to our patients and customers – through telemedicine, streaming yoga classes and regular advice on how to take care of oneself during this time.
Starting Saturday, March 21st, we will offering CLINIC services in our NW SLABTOWN LOCATION ONLY:
CLINIC | Open Monday-Saturday, 9am-3pm
Telemedicine appointments are encouraged in the near future
In person available subject to symptom screenings
SPA | All massage and skin services are temporarily suspended.
Stay tuned for virtual ways to connect on home care regimens and tips.
STUDIO | Livestream Classes have started– schedule here – free to our members.
All in-person classes are temporarily suspended.
CAFÉ | Closed until full services resume.
WHOLE BODY HEALTH ACCOUNTS | We will place all memberships on hold until we’re able to resume full services safely and we will provide ways to support your health, virtually, including free livestream movement classes during this time. Reserve your spot here.
My heartfelt gratitude to the ‘wellness warriors’ at Root – our doctors, practitioners, therapists and teachers who are fighting the good fight to keep all of us healthy, whole and grounded during this unprecedented time.
Now more than ever, your health and wellbeing is paramount – and perhaps a crisis like this will remind us of the importance of self-care when things normalize. While we can’t predict how long that will be, you can be assured we’ll be with you every step of the way.
Yours in whole body health today and always,
At Root, the wellbeing of our clients and staff is our top priority. Our mission is to help those in our community find natural approaches for health and wellness, especially when it comes to supporting our clients in taking preventative measures for whole body health. In light of recent events regarding COVID-19, we’d like to share the precautions we’re taking as we monitor CDC announcements to ensure you continue to have a safe place to take care of yourself.
Facilities and Staff
- Our facility in NW (Slabtown) will remain open and our dedicated, intentioned practitioners in our clinic are here to help you boost your immune system and reduce your stress. Hours for the clinic will be from 9-3 p.m. Monday-Saturday.
- Root staff members on-site will continue conducting hourly facility sweeps hourly to disinfect all surfaces, door knobs, community spaces and equipment with Cavicide wipes.
- Cavicide wipes are also used during these cleaning sweeps to clean telephones, telephone receivers and other shared equipment such as laptop keyboards for our staff.
- Our staff adheres to all Oregon state sanitation regulations, including washing hands before and after each service thoroughly with soap and water. Any staff members who feel sick are required to stay home.
- We are sad to announce that beginning Tuesday, March 17 we will be temporarily cancelling all of our in-person movement classes.
- We understand the value of your own personal wellness, and the necessity to maintain a regular movement practice, which is why we’ve remained open for as long as we can. That said, due to the quickly evolving health risks with COVID-19 and recommendations from the CDC, WHO, and Yoga Alliance, we believe it’s in everyone’s best interest to suspend our group classes.
- In an effort to provide our students a familiar face during these socially-challenging times, we are excited to announce that we will begin our livestream movement classes starting Thursday, March 19th with a limited schedule for the near future.
- You can find livestream classes here. Once you participate in the class, you will be sent a link to the recorded class so you can take it as much as you’d like for a week after the class is filmed.
- All livestream classes are free to Root members; everyone else will be able to participate with the normal drop-in rate of $18.
- We will be populating our livestream classes over the next few days so you can practice with all of your favorite teachers at Root. Please visit our MindBody site to see which classes are available and make sure to register at least 30 minutes in advance to ensure that you are sent the online link in time for the beginning of class.
- To register for classes:
- You will need a computer, tablet, or smartphone.
- Login to your Mindbody account from our website here. We are slowly populating our new live stream classes, so if it says “live stream” in the title, you can click to register for that class.
- Once you register online you will be sent an auto email (make sure your email is correct in your profile) confirming your registration and a link for how to access the class during the scheduled time. You will need to download the Zoom app in order to attend the class.
- 30 minutes before the class time you will be sent another reminder email with further instructions and the link to the live stream class again.
- 5-10 minutes before the class start time you can click the link in your email to enter the online class.
- Move your body, feel your breath, and get centered with your favorite teachers!
- Telemedicine appointments are encouraged in the near future.
- In person available subject to symptom screenings.
- We always have and will continue to use hospital-grade soaking disinfectant, Ultracare Disinfectant Concentrate, for all tools, devices and implements after each appointment.
- After every appointment, we use Cavicide wipes to clean all surfaces in the treatment rooms.
- In addition, we are taking extra measures to stock rooms with 90 percent isopropyl alcohol for disinfectant use to wipe down surfaces, professional tools & devices.
- As of Saturday, March 21, all massage and skin services are temporarily suspended.
- Stay tuned for virtual ways to connect on home care regimens and tips.
- As of Saturday, March 21, the cafe will be closed until full services resume.
What you can do
- If you are feeling well, please allow us to provide the calming space you need now during a time of heightened stress. Preventative wellness is crucial during times like these, and the best thing you can do is to protect and fortify your immune system through clean food, mindful movement, natural medicine, reducing stress and slowing down.
- Please do you part to wash your hands with soap and refrain from touching your mouth or face. Be responsible and aware of your hygiene in the community areas of our facilities.
- If you are sick, or feel that you may have been exposed to someone with symptoms, please stay home. We offer telemedicine appointments and would be happy to set that up for you so you can keep your appointment with our clinicians!
We will continue to provide updates as necessary as we follow CDC announcements. Please do not hesitate to reach out to us for any questions or concerns.
Your friends at Root Whole Body